I want to start this New Year by thanking all of you for all the work you have done for VSD this year, and more importantly for helping our veterans. We’ve accomplished a lot in a few short months! Some of our accomplishments and highlights include:
- A great website and Facebook page. Thank you to my wife Kim, and Sterling and Josh at Modernize My Site for working together to get it up and running.
- A successful first year participant in IndyGive! Thank you Sara Simon for all your help getting us in.
- Our awesome VSD logo, thanks to Jerry Brown. He has generously contributed time, financial resources, and creative input. He is a true friend of Victory Service Dogs!
- A great partnership with TREA, The Enlisted Association. Our heartfelt thanks to Bernice Barrett for all her support and fundraising help.
- Our friendship with Petsmart! Thank you Charles Rolater and the Petsmart management for supporting VSD, donating hundreds of dollars worth of items, and for allowing us to fundraise at their stores.
- A great event at Rocky Mountain Brewery in July! Thank you C.J. for all his efforts and support in making it a successful fundraiser.
- Many successful fundraising events! Thank you Scott Frazee for taking the leadership role and coordinating our fundraising efforts! Thanks to Drew and Don for your help as well.
- The forming of a working and dedicated Board of Directors! Thanks to Adam Baker for his role as Board President, Don Martin Vice President, Drew Pearson Treasurer, and Sara Simon Secretary.
- Welcoming Jay Magee as advisor and mentor to our management team. Thank you Jay, for your selfless help, support, and ongoing counsel!
- The support of our local media in helping to get our story out. We had some awesome interviews and community interest. Thank you Travis Nelson for telling your story! Your role as Veteran Liaison for VSD is invaluable – thank you!
- The addition of Chris Spielhegen as Project Manager. We are excited about what he brings to the organization, already investing countless hours of time and energy! Thank you Chris
- Our participation in the Colorado Springs Veteran Parade was an honor! Thank you Lonny Barrett for inviting us to be there, and to Travis, Stanley, and Adam for walking and representing VSD.
- We welcome Clare and T.J. as our newest volunteers, and look forward to working closely with them.
We are so grateful and proud of our partnership with All Breed Rescue and Training, and the dedication and selfless contributions of Lauren Fox, Executive Director and head Trainer. Her integrity, standards of excellence, and commitment to our veterans are truly amazing. We thank all the staff who work tirelessly on behalf of the dogs they rescue, and all they do for VSD. Together, we have placed 26 dogs with veterans, and these teams are in various stages of training. We are also providing training for another 20 veterans who want to certify their own dogs through ABRT’s service dog program.
Thank you all for helping the vision of Victory Service Dogs become a reality! With your continued commitment, I have no doubt VSD will become a world-class organization!
Stephen J. Corey
Executive Director, Victory Service Dogs